Over the years, Zonta Club of Denver members have served many community organizations serving at-risk women.
- Zonta members donated over 200 books for the library at Denver Children’s Home. DCH restores hope and health to traumatized children and families through residential and daytime programs.
- The club provides a festive holiday dinner and party at The Haven, a treatment center for women and their infants and small children as they work to break the cycle of substance abuse disorder. Zonta has financially supported the exercise and smoking cessation programs at The Haven.
- In addition to financially supporting a program for homeless women veterans, Zonta members provided a carload of personal care items in recognition of Veterans Day.
- Hope House provides residential and community support for teen moms. Members have volunteered at Hope House helping to set up holiday activities. Also, we participated in the grand opening of a new building at their facility. Zonta has supported the GED fees for clients at Hope House.
- Hands of the Carpenter – Members volunteered to watch children and provide snacks while their Moms attended basic automotive maintenance sessions. Three years ago, a Zonta grant provided a refurbished car to a qualified single parent who had need of a reliable vehicle.